Animals in your home

Animals can be a great source of companionship and enrich our lives. While we understand that you may want a pet, we must consider the impact this can have on the animal, the property and your neighbours.

You must have written consent from Victory to keep any animals, birds or pets. If you do not get written consent, you may be asked to rehome the pet.

Tenants who already have existing pets without written permission can apply for retrospective permission. Victory will grant retrospective permission in the following circumstances:

  • Where the animal is being kept in accordance with the animal ownership policy, namely, provided the property type is suitable for keeping that number and type of pets and where no more than two cats or dogs are kept;

  • The existing pets are not causing any problems within the property, the communal area or to others in the locality of the property. Where the property type is not deemed suitable for keeping the animal, Victory may seek to assist you with a planned move to a suitable property or assist you to re-home your pets.

This exception does not apply to tenants who were clearly advised when they moved in to their property or before they obtained their pet, that they would not be given permission for such a pet to be kept in that type of property.

More information can be found in our 'Keeping animals in Your Home' Leaflet. This also includes guidance on what we usually grant or refuse permission for.

Animal Ownership Request Form May 2017.pdf 74KB

Keeping animals in your home May 2017.pdf 174KB

Victory also have a dog crate lending service and can help with the cost of neutering your dog, cat or rabbit. Please click on the links below for further information.

Dog Crates Available.pdf 261KB

Chip and Snip 28.05.2019.pdf [pdf] 1MB