What does the group do?
- Proof reads a wide range of written documents, ensuring they:
- Tell residents what they need to know
- Use easy to understand language
- With clear, accessible design
- Leads the production of Victory News
- Reviews Victory’s website
- Contributes to the wider development of social media and technology aimed at resident interaction.
The Communications Group is a key way for residents to:
- Champion the importance of good communication
- Review and influence key communication(s) about services, policies and activities to ensure that it is meaningful, resident focused and accessible to all residents
- Put forward ideas for improvements in the way that Victory communicates with residents and markets services
- Be part of delivering improvements
- We need a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 15 resident members.
- Around four daytime meetings each year, 10am-1pm in North Walsham. (Expenses paid and refreshments provided)
Not able to attend meetings but want to get involved:
- There are up to 10 ’virtual’ resident Communication Group members, who review and comment on materials and issues from home instead of attending meetings.
- Full training provided for both roles
We are looking for new members. If you are interested please email us at email@example.com