Employment Support Service
We have a brand new Employment Support Service who can offer information, advice, guidance and support to our residents.
Whether you are seeking work, have not worked for a long time, have never worked, or are already employed or self-employed, Julia (m) and Louise (l) (pictured above with our Housing Director, Christine Candlish) can help you to explore ways to build your confidence and develop your skills to help open up opportunities.
They provide an independent, non-pressured, flexible service that is tailored to meet the needs of the individual and to support you into employability and beyond.
Contact us if you would like:
- Help to learn and/or develop basic IT/computer/digital skills
- Training to use a PC and create/access an email account
- Help to develop your CV and maximise your employability potential
- Help to access online job search websites such as Universal Job Match and Indeed
- Help to access local resources and digital/IT equipment
- Help to develop job search skills
- Confidence building
- Help to improve interview skills
- Help to identify suitable opportunities and training to develop skills and experience
- Explore the benefits and opportunities available for volunteering
- Help to build an individual personal development plan
- Guidance and help to understand the requirements of the job centre
- Help with understanding and working with Universal Credit; this benefit will be administrated in such a way that basic digital skills are essential for anyone who needs to access it
- Help if you are already in work but would like to explore ways to continue to progress and advance your career prospects or change career direction
Digital (IT/Computer Skills) are vital to living in the modern world and we can offer support for you to develop them in a range of settings; libraries offer free access to computers.
If you are interested in this service please complete this form, or if you would prefer to give this information over the phone, contact our Customer Services Team on 0330 123 1860.