Victory Housing Trust aims to provide our resident with secure and safe communities that people want to be a part of. However, from time to time the actions of others can have a negative impact us and can start to affect our day to day lives. 

We have a robust and positive approach to tackling anti-social behaviour. On this page you will find what meets the threshold for anti-social behaviour, what you can expect from us and links to other agencies who may be better placed to advise you.

Is it Anti-social behaviour you are experiencing?

Look below at the most common types of reports we receive to check if this is Antisocial Behaviour. It may be that other agencies are better placed to assist you.

  • Example:

    • Loud music
    • Parties
    • Banging
    • Neighbours Arguing/shouting
    • Dog Barking
    • DIY late at night


    How often is the noise occurring:

    • One off occasion

    We do not deal with reports of occasional noise. Please speak to your neighbour initially or source of noise.

    • 2-3 times per week or more or on a regular frequent basis.

    Please contact us to discuss the matter further

    • Is it occurring at Night-time – after 11pm and before 7am?

    Please contact us to discuss the matter further

  • If you are a victim

    Please contact us, or the Police on 999 if you are at immediate risk of harm. Please refer to the Domestic Abuse section of our website HERE

    If you are reporting domestic violence concerns about a neighbour?

    Please contact us to report this, concerns for immediate risk of harm should be reported to the police on 999.  For more information please refer to the links on the Victory Housing Trust Website HERE

  • Including 

    • Violence
    • Threats (of abuse or violence)
    • Intimidation
    • Harassment
    • Assault
    • Verbal Abuse
    • Gun or knife crime
    • Sexual Offences
    • Arson
    • Drunk or rowdy behaviour
    • Criminal damage
    • Vandalism


    If the behaviour of a criminal nature it should firstly be reported to the police and then referred to us, we will work in partnership with statutory authorities to resolve the problems.



    • Drug Dealing

    All activity should be reported to the police on 101 or Crimestoppers.

    • Manufacturing/growing cannabis/other drugs.

    Report to the Police initially and then to us, we will investigate the matter with our partner agencies.

    • Smells of cannabis

    We cannot deal with reports of smells of cannabis. This should be reported through to the police and/or CrimeStoppers.  Should they wish to take any action they will advise us directly and we will work in partnership with them.


    Tel:  0800 555 111 or online:


  • Daytime 

    We would not consider this to be ASB. You may need to discuss the matter with your neighbour directly

    Between 9pm and 7am

    Please contact us to discuss the matter further.

  • Including: 

    • playing in garden/house
    • Children’s trampolines
    • Babies crying

    Play is an essential part of every child's life and is vital for the enjoyment of childhood as well as their health, well-being and development.

    Although some types of behaviour can be annoying, children playing in the street or communal areas (unless they are causing damage) is not antisocial behaviour.

    Children’s trampolines being moved near to a fence in their own garden is not considered as anti-social and we can only deal with this if the children are causing ASB to the neighbour, such as late at night on a frequent basis.

    Gardens tend to offer minimal sound insulation so children’s activities can have a greater effect on neighbours. Everyone can expect some noise from the people who live around them and we ask that you are tolerant of this.

    Concerns over the Welfare of Children

    If you have concerns about the welfare of a child you should report this through directly to social services safeguarding team and the Police. 

    • If it is an emergency dial 999.
    • If the matter is not an emergency, call 101 or visit your local police station to tell someone what has happened.
    • If you’re a child, talk to someone you trust. This might be a friend, a teacher or another adult. For more information read our guidance for children below.

    For more info see:

    To contact Norfolk Children’s Services team Tel 0344 800 8020 and ask to speak with the duty Social Worker.  For more info see:

    We cannot make reports for you as third party reports are not accepted. After having done this, please get in touch with us to discuss the matter further.

  • Dog barking

    If this is a frequent occurrence, please contact us to discuss the matter further


    If this is taking place on our land please contact us.

    If the offence took place in a public area please refer to the local authority. The links to this are in the useful links below.

    Dangerous dogs

    Reports of dangerous dogs should initially be reported to the police and then referred to us for investigation.

  • Broken fencing between properties

    Fencing is the responsibility of residents to maintain and we do not normally become involved in issues of this nature.  You will need to speak to your neighbour.

    Boundary disputes

    Please contact us to report this, and it will be looked into by our Assets team.

    If an altercation has taken place involving boundary issues in which verbal or physical threats or abuse were involved, we can investigate this part of the issue. The boundary dispute will be dealt with by our Assets team.

  •  Un-roadworthy vehicle(s) on Victory land

    Please contact us to investigate the matter further.

     Un-roadworthy vehicle(s) on public land

    We cannot deal with vehicle issues that are not on VHT land.   This should be reported to the police or Highways Dept.

    Queries concerning parking bays

    Parking bays are generally not allocated (allocated bays will be marked as such).  You can park in any unallocated parking bay in the area that you live.

    Business vehicles parked in residential areas

    Please contact us to discuss the matter further

  • In practice a bonfire would have to be a recurrent persistent problem, interfering substantially with your well-being, comfort or enjoyment of your property.

    If you are bothered by smoke, approach your neighbour and explain the problem and try and agree times to suit. You might feel awkward but they may not be aware of the distress they are causing and it will hopefully make them more considerate in the future.

    If the bonfires are happening on a frequent basis, ie daily/ 2-3 times per week, you should contact Environmental Protection at your local council, the link can be found below. 

  • Properties that are: 

    • Filthy and verminous
    • Hoarded
    • Overgrown garden


    Please contact us and our Tenancy Support Team will investigate this initially

If you are concerned about your safety or the safety of someone else, you must contact the Police immediately. 

If you do not want to report this to us yet but want to start to log what is happening please consider completing a log sheet to reflect on what is happening, and how it is affecting you .

Report ASB

You have the right to enjoy your home in peace, and so do your neighbours. We take a tough line with people who behave badly in or around our properties, or who harass other people.

You can report ASB by telephone on 0330 123 1860, by email or by completing an online form below.

Our Commitments

Useful links

Norfolk Children’s Services

To contact Norfolk Children’s Services team Tel 0344 800 8020 and ask to speak with the duty Social Worker.  For more info see:

Norfolk Adults Services – Further information and what to do if you are concerned about the welfare of an adult.

North Norfolk District Council Environmental Protection

South Norfolk District Council